This isn’t a sweet icing rather it’s one that all about rich chocolate flavor… This is good for cakes, cupcakes you name it. You can also sweeten this up a bit through the addition of some unrefined granulated sugar…However, try to go light on this because you don’t want to overshadow the chocolate which is the real star of the show.
Chocolate Butter Frosting (Icing):
- 6 Ounces of Semisweet Organic Fair Trade Chocolate (about a cup)
- 3 Tablespoons of Dark Rum, Organic Espresso Coffee or Strong Instant Coffee Dissolved in Water
- 12 Tablespoons of Organic Unsalted Butter
- Unrefined Organic Granulated Sugar to taste
- Gently Melt 6 Ounces (approximately 1 Cup) of Semisweet Chocolate (I use a double boiler for this)
- Add & Blend in 12 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter with the Melted Chocolate
- Add & Blend in 3 Tablespoons of Either Dark Rum, Espresso Coffee or Strong Instant Coffee/Water with the Butter Chocolate.
- As soon as everything is blended transfer the pan into the refrigerator. The frosting will be very runny at this time.
- As the frosting cools it will build thickness. Give it a stir from time to time as cooling takes place and the frosting becomes spreadable.
- Blend in some additional sugar if desired.