Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil is a beautiful thing. The flavor is so rich with so many layers/notes..I absolutely love the stuff. But you know, sometimes you need a little heat & spice. So let’s amp up this wonderful oil..pump it up with roids..make it extreme..dress it up dangerously sexy. The recipe is given below.
Recipe for Hot & Spicy Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Organic Red Chile Peppers (or a hotter or milder pepper if you choose..remember your Scoville Units) to yield one Tablespoon when chopped.
- Fresh Organic Rosemary Leaves to yield 2 teaspoons when chopped
- 4 Fresh Bay Leaves
- A Glass Container to Hold the Oil and other ingredients
- Chop the Rosemary Leaves to yield 2 teaspoons. Add to glass container.
- Add 4 Bay leaves to the glass container.
- Chop the Chile Peppers to yield 1 tablespoon. Add to the glass container.
- Add 1 cup of Olive Oil to the glass container. Cover and give a good shake.
- Set aside the glass container with the oil and other ingredients for about a day (less if you want reduced heat & flavor).
- Remove the solid ingredients and store for use.
You’ll find this useful as a spicy ingredient to use wherever an oil and heat are called for. You can also add to your salads, sandwiches and pasta dishes.