I really have a thing for French Cooking .. as I’ve said before putting this together with organic ingredients is something incredible. Here’s a simple dish that Di & I enjoy. Hope you do too.
- 2 lbs of Organic Carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon of Unrefined Sea Salt
- 2 cups of Spring Water
- 3 Tablespoons of Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/4 Tablespoon Of Unrefined Organic Sugar
- Enough Fresh Organic Parsley to yield 3 Tablespoons when chopped
- Place 2 cups of Spring Water into a Saucepan, set aside.
- Peel 2 lbs. of Carrots, slice and place into the Saucepan with the water.
- Add 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt to the Saucepan.
- Measure and place 2 Tablespoons of Unsalted Butter into the Saucepan.
- Measure and place 1 1/4 Tablespoons of Sugar into the Saucepan.
- Cover the Saucepan and turn on the heat to bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat so that it remains at a low boil. Cook for approximately 30 minutes but keep an eye on things to make sure all the liquid doesn’t boiled away. Or said another way… cook until the carrots are cooked.
- While the carrots are cooking finely chop the parsley to give you 3 Tablespoons worth. Set aside.
- Measure 1 Tablespoon of Unsalted Butter. Let it set out to warm and soften.
- When the carrots are done remove and place into a bowl. Add the parsley and butter and toss around until all the butter has melted and the parsley gets evenly distributed.
- Taste and add more seasoning as you see fit.
There you have it. Hey, if you can take an extra step to dress up your carrots then why not? Share this post with your friends who are still in the canned carrots stage as part of their personal awakening into the world of good food.